I have to admit that for the past five or six years, my E12 has been mostly troublefree and I haven't had to do the troubleshooting many have. This last fall all of that changed: I used a tiller with a broken breaker, so I hot wired it and a friend had my lift so I rigged up a chain to adjust the height. It was all working so well that I became over confident and started tilling as deep as it would go until there was a bolt of lightning beneath the seat and a battery post melted completely off! Wow! Closer inspection showed a somewhat loose clamp. I drilled and tapped the post and cleaned and tightened all my connections: The accessories worked and the tractor didn't. I troubleshot and replaced a couple of parts and gave up as cold weather came and stayed. It was really the first time I needed to look at the schematics and I realized how little I know about my tractor's "guts".
After that, I visited a friend and he had an E20 filled with mice nests and he was feeling generous and after some trading, it came home via the do-it-yourself carwash. After I cleaned everything out, I decided to retire the E12 and this is going to be my "hauler". All I have to remember is, "Just get it running, DON'T TAKE IT COMPLETELY APART!" The pictures show it ready to be started. You might be able to see the melted/hot wires at the buss strap behind the steering column. The fiber standoff was burned and the connectors on the card had crumbled so I got new parts from Harold. The wires have chewed insulation but I believe heat shrink will take care of them and I bought a number tape set from Home Depot. I suspect I'll be asking for help soon.....Burt