Ohio Steel Elec-trak Attachments

Forum for factory attachments

Ohio Steel Elec-trak Attachments

Postby Geo » Sat Apr 20, 2013 1:46 am

As many of you know, Ohio Steel Fabricators made the dump carts for G.E., painted them yellow and put the "Elec-Trak" decals on the side of them. They also made the aerator and lawn roller that GE made available to dealers. I had planned to restore these two attachments this summer and recently cooresponded with Ohio Steel and an employee who had been there over 31 years on the paint colors for these. It turns out the aerator and lawn roller were offered with the original Ohio Steel colors and not painted yellow- much like the Brinly attachments. Also, my areator already has the original paint on it- forest green with a white drawbar and hitch and black spikes. The lawn roller drum was forest green and but the drawbar was red! He had no paint code information or pictures from back that far however. I recently was able to get a 1974 Ohio Steel brochure off eBay (see attached) that proves he was indeed right!

Incidently, my neighbor recently borrowed my Elec-Trak aerator and said after 40 years it still worked like a charm...now if I can only get it back from him!!!! :mrgreen: Jeff has been storing a lawn roller I bought on-line at his house all winter long and I'm sure he will be happy to have me pick it up from him while I am in PA at the Little Guys show next month!
Attachments
new505.pdf
1974 Ohio Steel Brochure
(10.77 MiB) Downloaded 125 times
Geo

Re: Ohio Steel Elec-trak Attachments

Postby Jeff Antonucci » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:37 pm

Geo - MY lawn roller is all red as far as I can tell.
Jeff Antonucci

Re: Ohio Steel Elec-trak Attachments

Postby Geo » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:40 pm

You forget...I know where you live AND I work for the government. :geek: (The Wheel Horse version but I'm good with that for now!)
Geo

Return to Factory attachments