Using the Brinly VV-100 Tiller

Forum for factory attachments

Using the Brinly VV-100 Tiller

Postby FarmallMan » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:38 pm

Here's a video of my wife Kateri running the E20 last fall at the school garden.

Nick

FarmallMan

Re: Using the Brinly VV-100 Tiller

Postby DH1 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:42 pm

Thanks she makes it look so easy.
Thanks
Doug from Markham Ont, Canada
EGT200 x2, E12, E12M, E15, ET2
DH1

Postby EVWSH » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:33 am

Great video and I love the 1080p quality! Any chance you'd be willing to take one while using that front-end loader you've got? I'm pretty sure we'd all be pretty psyched to see one in action. Thanks again for the video!
EVWSH

Postby FarmallMan » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:14 pm

Doug, she has no problem handling the tractor at all. The tiller is actually about the perfectly sized counterweight for the loader, making the tractor noticeably easier to steer. She does let me load and unload the equipment from the trailer though!

EVWSH, that's no problem. I already took a look at the videos I do have of the loader in operation, and they're not that wonderful. However, we're going to be doing some landscaping this summer at the house so there will be plenty of opportunities. If you watch this video and the plowing video, you can see that over the winter I straightened the bent leveling rods. I'm not sure if they were bent intentionally to get more roll out of the bucket or if there was some event in the machines history. Either way after much heating, bending, and checking, they're back to original configuration.

I'll probably get some video of the tractor cultivating weeds from the garden also. So, more to come, but probably not for a few weeks. Stay tuned.

Nick 8-)
FarmallMan

Postby mrfixit » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:16 pm

I just recently replaced the pump motor on mine and got it all hooked up. Have yet to try the loader out much,but I agree that the tiller makes a good counterbalance.
I thought those leveling rods looked different than those on mine. Mine have just a slight downward bend,and it doesn't look like they were ever modified.
Are they suppose to be perfectly straight?

062503_1155[00].jpg
062503_1155[00].jpg (48.53 KiB) Viewed 954 times
mrfixit

Postby EVWSH » Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:59 pm

That sounds great FarmallMan. It will be great to see the videos once your summer project is underway. Thanks again for the one you posted and I hope that your summer work goes well.
EVWSH

Postby FarmallMan » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:42 pm

I'm not sure if the bars are supposed to be straight or slightly curved. I was sure they weren't supposed to be the way mine were. Maybe Geo can check out his loader and let us know for sure. I noticed in your photo that your loader has meal and rubber hydraulic lines like mine does. These are the only two I've seen that were made this way, the rest have all rubber hoses.

I'll eventually start a new thread, but I'm planning on doing some rehab work on my loader. I have a few cylinders that drool, and some with rust pitting. I will likely end up rebuilding all of them and they will get new seals and rods as necessary. I'm also going to be looking into getting a new bucket fabricated since mine is pretty well rotted through. For anyone who has a loader that they want to rehab, Jim C has the Wright Way decals for them.

I'm happy to share with the group, it's nice to show these machines in their element!

Nick 8-)
FarmallMan

Return to Factory attachments