homemade "fork lift"

Lets see what you came up with.

homemade "fork lift"

Postby TMC » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:31 am

I wanted to make a front lift attachment for moving logs, rocks, small round bales and anything else I can't lift by hand.  Jim at the Electric Tractor Store suggested I use a snow thrower implement mounting bracket to attach the forks to.  This was a good idea.  I think he has a couple of more, if any of you need one.  The lift isn't pretty, but it works well, was cheap and was simple enough that I could make it myself. The forks are 2"x1/4" flat bar and extend 16" out from the vertical forks. 

I can turn it into a platform lift in seconds by laying a small piece of plywood on the forks.  I intend to drill a hole in each fork so that I can bolt the plywood to the forks.

To maximize the lifting power of the "fork lift", I cut about 3 inches off of the ends of the mounting bracket to minimize the distance between a load and the lift strap. The metal shims on the left fork were needed because the left arm of the mounting bracket was higher than the right arm.

Tom
Attachments
IMG_0469.JPG
IMG_0469.JPG (276.11 KiB) Viewed 710 times
Last edited by TMC on Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
TMC

Re: homemade "fork lift"

Postby roberttroll » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:41 am

Nice Git-R-Done!

I have a small tractor scoop bucket that was given to me. Want to put it on the elec-trak. This gets the wheels turning again.
roberttroll

Return to DIY attachments