Member suntymes - Suffered a seizure - Contact Info

Member suntymes - Suffered a seizure - Contact Info

Postby Bushman » Sun Apr 07, 2013 8:46 pm

For those of you that had contact with Leon and Tillie in the past, I have received some messages from Tillie about Leon having a seizure in January. He is currently in a care facility for rehabilitation and is doing well. Tillie has set up a page where everyone can go and write in his guestbook, which he can read and possibly respond. It also has more information on the occurrences.

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/leonmieseler

Please take a few minutes to write a message to Leon.

Posted this in the Events forum because we don't have a general discussion for other things and it is an event that will continue to need support as we follow his progress.
Chad
GE-Electrak.com Admin/Moderator
Bushman

Re: Member suntymes - Suffered a seizure - Contact Info

Postby roberttroll » Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:24 pm

Is there an address that a card could be mailed to? If so please PM me.
roberttroll

Postby Bushman » Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:03 am

I do not have an address for them, but I do know that they are having to be away from home during his recovery, because the facility isn't close to home. She mentions the facility on that website, so maybe send one there in his name?
Chad
GE-Electrak.com Admin/Moderator
Bushman

Postby Geo » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:25 pm

Leon's home address is....

Leon Mieseler
8955 Lavin RD.
Iron River, WI 54847

Not sure when they will get back there, it might be a while but I am sure cards/letters would be appreciated all the same.
Geo

Postby WisJim » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:00 pm

I just found out through a mutual friend that Leon is at home in hospice. His condition doesn't sound good, the doctors say he has 3 months to live. The Caring Bridge site linked earlier seems to be up-to-date, and Tillie says he would like cards and letters. I worked with Leon years ago at UW-Stout in Menomonie, WI, and some of his other friends from the area are hoping to get a chance to visit him. Wish this was better news.

Jim, in Western Wisconsin
WisJim

Postby roberttroll » Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:17 am

WisJim wrote:I just found out through a mutual friend that Leon is at home in hospice. His condition doesn't sound good, the doctors say he has 3 months to live. The Caring Bridge site linked earlier seems to be up-to-date, and Tillie says he would like cards and letters. I worked with Leon years ago at UW-Stout in Menomonie, WI, and some of his other friends from the area are hoping to get a chance to visit him. Wish this was better news.

Jim, in Western Wisconsin

Very sorry to hear this about Leon. He will be in my families thoughts and prayers.
roberttroll

Postby Bushman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:16 am

I cannot explain the sadness I express for this man. He is one of those guys that you would hope every man wishes to be. Geo, correct me if I'm wrong, but he has seen the world, experienced lots of different people and cultures, and lived to tell the stories. I am deeply saddened that his situation has come to this point. Wish I was closer to visit him. He will be missed.
Bushman

Postby mfrerking » Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:05 am

Sad to hear. I had the pleasure of meeting them at Vermont gathering. Both are great folks.
mfrerking

Return to Events