2014 Elec-Trak Gathering 6/28 Bennington, VT

2014 Elec-Trak Gathering 6/28 Bennington, VT

Postby Geo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:53 pm

Well, I'm not sure when Steve referred to "the sleeping giant" if he meant Bruce or me... if it were me I just hope that wasn't a fat joke! LOL!

Well I was doubled team.. first by Bruce who wanted to have another get together at his place, then I got a call from Ellis Blood who said the ole Elec-Trak team in the greater Albany area was wondering what was going on and it sure would be nice to get together this year. I finally cracked under the strain..no man is that strong!

June 28th is the date unless there are a lot of you out there who have a conflict. We could potentially move it up a weekend but the big Wheel Horse show is in PA that weekend and I know some of you like to attend that as well. I am putting up a web site this year for registrations, info, etc. Anyone who would like to help put on the show is welcomed. I'd like to transition this event to a team if I could. It will be a lot easier this time around as we have done it once before and know how to make it all work. We have a lot of lessons learned and will be sharping up a couple areas that did not work as well as expected last time.

I have two requests from the collectors: (1) Pray for good weather! Last year was pretty good but it did rain on or parade at the end of the day. (2) TRACTORS AND ATTACHMENTS! Tractor shows are all about the tractors. They don't have to be restored to show room quality, most of our tractors have their work clothes on and that's just fine. It's about sharing your ride(s) with others. This is especially true for those who live in the NE and especially within a 2-3 hour drive of the show. These things do fit in the back of pick-up trucks so borrow your buddy's truck and buy some ramps or rent a trailer from U-Haul for $40.00 and join in the fun! Those of you in the local area who have hauling equipment, please get together with others who don't and make a couple trips to and from the show if you would to get everyone's tractors there- I'm looking forward to a big parade! Also many of you saw attachments you had only seen in brochures last time, let's expand the show on that front as well this year!

We have some special treats this year that I hope we can pull off, last year it seemed nothing was pulling together. As a preview, both the Zeon dealer and the Cub Cadet dealer have already agreed to bring demo models to the show and offer test drives of their Zero turns.

Buckle up people...it's going to be another whirlwind day! Please respond to this post and let me know the initial interest. So far I know Steve, Bruce and I will be there!

Blessings,
Geo

Re: 2014 Elec-Trak Gathering 6/28 Bennington, VT

Postby Jeff Antonucci » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:35 pm

Count me in!
Jeff Antonucci

Postby Geo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:36 pm

Dick Merrit from NY replied on the list-serve he'll be there. Mark Frerking from MO will be riding shot-gun in the truck with me from Nashville again. Starting to hear back from some of the G.E. alumni already as well, all are very excited!
Geo

Postby DH1 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:04 pm

Well it's February lots of time to plan and coordinate things.
I missed all the get together's for different reasons for the last 2yrs, hopefully this time I can attend.
Thanks
Doug from Markham Ont, Canada
EGT200 x2, E12, E12M, E15, ET2
DH1

Postby Geo » Wed Feb 05, 2014 1:54 am

Great Doug...keep that passport fresh! Heard from Harold tonight, he"ll be there as well.
Geo

Postby fwilliams » Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:56 am

Hoped you could come Geo .
Last edited by fwilliams on Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fwilliams

Postby Robaroni » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:29 pm

I'll be there!
Robert Dee
Robaroni

Postby fwilliams » Wed Feb 05, 2014 5:55 pm

Sorry - need a stay at home vacation this year .
Last edited by fwilliams on Sun May 11, 2014 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fwilliams

Postby Housewiz » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:33 am

Clever - OK. But not when it comes to sorting out some stuff inside these ETs.

The sleeping giant reference was about Geo, as in giant among ET men. I just wanted to stir up the crowd and bring them out of the awful stupor the Super Bowl left many of us in. I had another Albany journalist interested in a bit story about my ETs and will check with him to see if I can get the blurb in his newspaper a week or so before the June event. Who knows, maybe Cuomo will show.
Housewiz

Postby Geo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:49 pm

Ha Ha! Never thought of myself as that. I'm just a guy with a barn who likes to spend his weekends traveling 16 hours one way to collect rusty metal from other people's barns. Hmmm...sounds like an episode of American Pickers. Well Steve, you started this all, we all have you to thank for getting this going. There are a lot of giants in this community..you're one yourself you know! Good luck with the pre-show publicity!
Geo

Next

Return to Events