the best collectors

the best collectors

Postby THE BOSS » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:16 pm

This new site is terrific. What a thrill to see all the great people keeping my legacy alive and growing. I now regret that in 1972 I didn't have the funds to buy what I had built, from GE, instead of having the engine heads at American Motors/Wheel Horse grab it and then fall on their faces.
Looking forward to future gatherings of this privleged group.
Bruce Laumeister, aka The Boss
THE BOSS

Re: the best collectors

Postby roberttroll » Sat Jan 19, 2013 5:32 pm

WOW! What an honor it is to have you stop by and say hello Mr. Laumeister! It must be wonderful to see something you helped create still alive long after it was dropped by GE. Your product was way ahead of it's time and people are still marvelled by the genius of the design.

Humbled Sir!
roberttroll

Postby mfrerking » Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:51 pm

Now that "The Boss" has found us, we had better behave and get to work :shock:

Awesome to hear from you Sir! It was a great honor to meet you, your family, and all the former GE employees at the Vermont gathering. I was fortunate George let me tag along (I bet Geo takes advantage of that opening :lol: ).

The original design is definitely a thing of beauty. One gets a truly unique perspective when restoring and doing modifications. It is really hard to create something even close. The original designers and engineers have my respect.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Mark
mfrerking

Postby Geo » Sat Jan 19, 2013 11:17 pm

Thanks for the kind words Mr. Laumiester! Looking forward to seeing you again soo. Hope you are enjoying your winter in Arizona.
Geo

Postby Bushman » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:11 am

Mr. Laumeister, glad to have you with us here in a place you can call your "web mansion." Hope you can stop in every now and then to keep up with the progress of the new forum.

We hope you find a warm welcome and take pleasure in reading all of the threads these guys (and gals) start about troubleshooting, restorations, etc.

Can't wait until we meet again!
Chad
GE-Electrak.com Admin/Moderator
Bushman

Return to Elec-Trak History