replacement rear tires for E15 with more traction?

replacement rear tires for E15 with more traction?

Postby Tom/HRS » Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:17 pm

Friends,

I am in need of replacement rear tires for my E15. The book says it takes 23x10.5-12, but what was on it was 2 ply 23x9.5-12 Elec-Trak tires (so they must be about 40 years old). I am looking for tires with more traction and puncture resistance that also will not mark up a lawn when it is mowed. I also prefer that the tires be made in made in the US.

I have been looking at Carlisle Tru Power Lawn & Garden Tire in either 23X10.50-12 or 23x8.50-12. Before I get the tires and have them mounted, I would like to be sure they fit, and work well. What have all of you used on your tractors for woods and lawn work? How well did they work?

Any good, inexpensive sources for wheels? Any other suggestions of helpful ideas?

Thanks for the help,

Tom
Tom/HRS

Re: replacement rear tires for E15 with more traction?

Postby roberttroll » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:09 am

i have 23x10.5x12 tru-powers on my deere. I have never had traction issues, and they do not mark up the lawn to any degree while cutting grass unless it is muddy after a hard rain. The carlisle all-trails are another good choice which a i think a few guys here are using.

http://www.carlisletransportationproducts.com/product/tires/atv-utv-powersports/Tires22
roberttroll

Return to Tires/Rims