New on board charger.

New on board charger.

Postby hpelley@hp2x.com » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:38 pm

I have a Wheel Horse 145, back in 2010 the on board charger had an open in the transformers main secondary winding. We live close to Cincinnati so I called around and found the Foster Transformer Company in town. I took them the old charger and timer/housing. They made me a new transformer plus assembled me a new capacitor and solid-state rectifier on my old plastic charger pan. It dropped right into the mower and the old timer plugged in I was off and mowing again. It took them around two weeks and cost $300.00 There number is 513-681-2420 1-800963-9799
hpelley@hp2x.com

Re: New on board charger.

Postby Jeff Antonucci » Thu Jul 11, 2013 2:57 am

Very cool. I've yet to find a bad transformer - guess I've just been lucky. (knock on wood) The one I finished restoring today is super quiet. It has aluminum transformer coil wires, but I doubt that has anything to do with it.
Jeff Antonucci

Re: New on board charger.

Postby Bushman » Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:02 pm

I could have sold you a rebuilt charger with newer components for $75 plus shipping, and I have been going through Cinci quite a few times the past few months, so shipping could have been somewhat free. I have plenty of extra chargers around and can rebuild one within an hour or so without paint. Glad you got it back up and running though!

Chad
Chad
GE-Electrak.com Admin/Moderator
Bushman

Return to Chargers