NOCO 3 Bank Charger

Re: Prosport 20+

Postby colinmcc » Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:24 am

From the manufacturer's current literature:

Lead Acid / Gel Battery Selector - IMPORTANT NOTICE
The ProSport On-Board Marine Battery Charger is factory set for Lead Acid Batteries.
The ProSport is equipped with a one time Gel Selector. This selector is simply a
jumper on the side of the charger where all of the DC cables are located. By cutting
and removing the jumper the ProSport will be set for Gel Battery Operation. After
cutting the jumper fill the dimpled area with a marine grade silicon sealant. Please
call ProMariner at 1-800-824-0524 with any questions. This is a one time selector.

Again they say This is a one time selector I wonder if it is true, or if one soldered wires onto the ends of the cut jumper a switch would work.. Water-proof switches aren't THAT expensive!

For some reason i can't get the full URL to display in my message (?) - anyway, if you can open the PDF, it shows the application of 3 12 volt batteries in series and it shows the plugs to select battery types, etc.

Sorry, I can't find a way to that URL, for some reason it has been cropped. Can you please just cut/paste it from your browser into here as plain old text and we can do the same thing in reverse?

colinmcc

Re: NOCO 3 Bank Charger

Postby mamodbasher » Tue Jan 29, 2013 6:01 pm

I tried that but it still comes up cropped! Not sure what to try here. I have the manual in PDF, but I can't post it as the file is too large. Mine does not have this magic jumper for gels - not sure which model that is, but it's not mine. I have the screw-in plugs. I will see if I can do this paste thing again and I will get some pics of my charger and the plug so that you can see it.

http://www.batterystuff.com/files/proma ... l_1101.pdf

I think it worked this time - yippeee! Take a look and you will see what I mean. Page 7 has the plug information on it and if you look at page 11 it shows the connection with a 3 battery series string. It's all there...
Ken
mamodbasher

Postby Zoopster » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:17 am

Hi. I'm thinking about installing a Noco Gen3 and was wondering if someone could post images of their install. It'd be a treat to see one in place.
Zoopster

Postby roberttroll » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:05 am

Zoopster wrote:Hi. I'm thinking about installing a Noco Gen3 and was wondering if someone could post images of their install. It'd be a treat to see one in place.

If you want the charger on-board i have only seen it put in two places. The first being right under the hood. You can build a platform across the top of the front batteries and it should fit in that space. The second place is where the stock resistor setup is in the front. That assumes that you are running a controller and have moved the resistor.

I run a minn-kota 3 bank charger on mine. I keep mine external. I simply ran a few extra long wires from each of my battery banks. The wires normally stay tucked under the seat, and i just pull them out when i want to charge.
roberttroll

Postby mfrerking » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:10 pm

Here is my install...
Attachments
Complete 005a.JPG
Complete 005a.JPG (180.04 KiB) Viewed 812 times
Assembly 004a.JPG
Assembly 004a.JPG (187.78 KiB) Viewed 812 times
mfrerking

Postby Zoopster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 1:56 pm

Very good, and thank you mfrerking and roberttroll. I have an E20 with a charger that works but am about to buy batteries and want to eke out as much life from them as possible, with the thinking that a smart charger might help. It's still a toss-up between keeping it as-is with a offboard smartcharger as a maintenance charger or going with an onboard smartcharger alone.
I really like your led worklights mfrerking. Do you have any images of the front of your grille?
Zoopster

Postby mfrerking » Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:45 pm

Here you go...
Attachments
Complete 015b.JPG
Complete 015b.JPG (139.18 KiB) Viewed 782 times
mfrerking

Postby Zoopster » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:04 pm

Excellent, and thank you.
Zoopster

Postby roberttroll » Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:48 pm

Zoop i think you will find that Marks machine is in a *ahem* class by itself.

roberttroll

Postby Zoopster » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:06 am

That is amazing and sets the bar pretty darn high.
Zoopster

PreviousNext

Return to Chargers