Drive power loss

Drive power loss

Postby TimNY1984 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:09 pm

Sorry if this is something very straight forward and easy (i really hope it is!). I'm a mech engineer and barely got through my circuits 1 class years and years ago so bare with me.

So I was mowing with the E15 tractor, drove forward mower on. Tried to go in reverse and nothing happened. forward and reverse are gone. PTO and mower still work fine when turned on but when i try to drive the battery meter bottoms out and i hear some noise in the controls area. I'm not sure what to do 1st. any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Tim
TimNY1984

Re: Drive power loss

Postby TimNY1984 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:42 pm

well i have good news and bad news.

bad news 1st....

I'm an idiot.

good news....
it was just a fuse... I swear I checked it 3 or more times. well back to mowing with this easy fix. Sorry to bother you all.

Tim
TimNY1984

Re: Drive power loss

Postby FarmallMan » Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Glad you found the issue. If you run into this issue again and find the fuse is OK, then the next stop is the forward/reverse relay. You'd have to drop the panel that the fuse block is mounted to and if the relay is the problem, you will probably be able to tell very easily - they tend to vaporize if you switch directions without letting the motor stop first.

Nick 8-)
FarmallMan

Return to Stock Control System