Hustler Zeon

Deere, Sears, ect. All others here.

Re: Hustler Zeon

Postby mfrerking » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:28 pm

Update on EBay Zeon. Winning bid was $1,050! Bet the new owner is doing this: :banana

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hustler-Zeon-zero-turn-mower-/191636390828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c9e6b43ac
mfrerking

Postby mfrerking » Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:50 pm

Evblazer wrote:Im missing something, messed up something or have a dud charger.
In observing a a few charge cycles on my batteries the get up to about 13.8 volts at the high point. After charging they quickly drop to 13.2 and settle down at 12.6 which is where the Charger will kick on briefly once in a while. I run till I'm at 10.8 on a battery then plug back in which if the zeon was sitting plugged in a day or two doesn't seem to be much mowing.
After recharging on the minnkota to full I plug in my noco 3.5 amp charger on a battery and it takes overnight to get all the way to 100% on that battery. On the next cycle the battery with the extra charge is usually .3-.5 volts higher through the whole cycle.
Just this week after a full charge on the Minnkota I used the Xeon charger for a few hours before I mowed and I mowed more than usual. I don't have an ah meter hooked up but I probably really should so I can get some valid test results.

Resting voltage on a fully charged 12 volt FLB is 12.65. 100% discharged is 11.89 volts. So, if your measurements are accurate, it seems the Minnkota is set to 12.6v. The small charger or original Zeon charger might be bringing them up to full charge. I would say the minnkota is functioning properly if that is the factory settings.
mfrerking

Postby Christopher rhode » Thu Aug 27, 2015 3:15 pm

The winning bidder is VERY pleased. :D It's a great machine and was in flawless condition. :banana :banana
Christopher rhode

Postby TimNY1984 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:05 pm

Any updates on the experience with the zeon? Mostly are there any negatives besides batteries? I could really benefit from a zero turn in my yard, which is just under 2 acres. I've been searching craigslist and ebay but i can't seem to find any for sale anymore. I fear i missed the boat. Someone show me where to find a $1k ebay listing. :shock:
TimNY1984

Postby mfrerking » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:16 pm

It does seem all the Zeons have found a good home. I used to see them occasionally on Craig's List/EBay and would post them here.

As for negatives, I still have no complaints after 150 hours. Have had no issues with it. After removing rocks and boulders from my downsize move, I can now mow about 75% of the yard (2 acres) with the Zeon. Prefer using it over my gas Hustler Raptor ZTR.

Even using off brand batteries, once you replace the original charger with a smart charger, you can get better than expected life span out of them. My current pack is four years old. Plan to use them at least another year. Would love to up-grade to a lithium battery pack when funds allow.
mfrerking

Postby tchapin » Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:20 pm

there is one currently on the Ann Arbor Craig's list for $2200

https://annarbor.craigslist.org/grd/d/a ... 86561.html
tchapin

Postby TimNY1984 » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:54 pm

I ended up grabbing that one in Ann Arbor. 13 hours after I left I was home driving around my yard in the dark :banana . This thing is a blast. I don't trust the stock charger so I'm planning on buying a new one. I'm stuck at what to buy, I'm leaning towards the NOCO Genius GEN4 40 Amp 4 Bank charger. That way when I upgrade to lithium i can use this charger on my electrak and just leave 1 bank empty.
https://smile.amazon.com/NOCO-GEN4-Wate ... KKAM9CNMCY

Anyone have input on this?

I was also looking at the NOCO Genius GX4820 20 Amp 48V Ultrasafe Industrial Battery Charger which has some neat features (charging lithium) but only charges at 48v so no use on the electrak.

https://smile.amazon.com/NOCO-GX4820-Ul ... 4KMSAJCJFB

I'm leaning towards the 4 bank charger unless somehow I can upgrade my electrak to 48v but that's for a different thread.

Thanks,
Tim
TimNY1984

Postby mfrerking » Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:22 am

Glad for you on the purchase.

I would lean towards the NOCO charger. I have owned three of the 36v units. Never had a problem. Makita units are good to. Some have neat features.

P.S. Lower the roll over bar before mowing around trees with low hanging branches.
mfrerking

Previous

Return to Factory Electric Tractors