Added Individual battery meters in hustler zeon

Deere, Sears, ect. All others here.

Added Individual battery meters in hustler zeon

Postby Evblazer » Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:15 pm

So I took the plunge and got a new set of the factory type 31XHS Trojans from continental battery in Grand Prairie,TX.
As mentioned in other threads the zeon comes with a single Curtis fuel gauge and the mower will shutoff the blades when the whole 48v pack reaches a set voltage. With the short range and low capacity I wanted to monitor each battery in addition to having the 4 bank charger to individually charge the batteries.
I ended up getting some drake volt meters off amazon 4+2 backups and wired them in with fuses on each wire at the battery so with the minnkota 4 bank charger I have 16 fuses under there. I debated a bit on placement and although it is a bit weird to look at in the picture while I'm mowing it is right in my view so I can keep easy track of it while keeping my eyes in the mowing.
The meters in the picture are showing the voltage read by my good portable meter for each battery. They are only one decimal place which won't be good for everything but I hope it'll be enough so that I can stop mowing when the battery with the lowest voltage hit a certain point and extend the life of my pack.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.53 MiB) Viewed 659 times
Evblazer

Re: Added Individual battery meters in hustler zeon

Postby Evblazer » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:21 pm

Well I've removed the battery meters. A couple of them just kept going out of adjustment or failing and new ones wernt much better. On my last mow the 1st battery was showing 6v to start which was wrong. The 2nd battery monitor showed 12 initially off the charger but quickly fell to 7 even though the battery itself was still up at 12.
I did like some monitoring and had an eMeter but it was out of the line of site. I added a cycle analyst with an external shunt and I think it works really well for monitoring how things are going.
Attachments
IMG_3707.JPG
Cycle analyst when the deck cutoff due to low voltage went off. Deck cuts off at about 41 volts the batteries recovered a bit by the time I got to the shed. Batteries soon to be replaced since they should give twice that range.
IMG_3707.JPG (2.63 MiB) Viewed 280 times
IMG_3699.JPG
Cycleanalyst mowing with mulch setup
IMG_3699.JPG (1.96 MiB) Viewed 280 times
Evblazer

Return to Factory Electric Tractors