Hustler Zeon light kit

Deere, Sears, ect. All others here.

Hustler Zeon light kit

Postby Christopher rhode » Tue Sep 22, 2015 1:41 am

Just got a factory new Zeon light kit. Installation was pretty simple and includes full instructions. This is part number 110737, also the same part number used for the Hustler sport. These lights are not LED as I've read in certain places, but are halogen. I did have one small installation problem: the auxiliary connector (hidden under the control panel) is female, as is the connector housing for the light kit wiring harness. So, the only realistic solution is to cut both connectors off and crimp on splice connectors. There will be some parts left over, as I said before this kit also fits the Sport, so you will have extra brackets, washers, and bolts. No big deal. I'm going to try uploading some installation photos, and some photos of the finished installation. Hope this helps you decide whether it's worth the $155 price tag. I'm still not sure myself.
image.jpg
image.jpg (304.52 KiB) Viewed 990 times
image.jpg
Complete installation
image.jpg (242.54 KiB) Viewed 990 times
image.jpg
On-off switch mounted
image.jpg (181.82 KiB) Viewed 990 times
image.jpg
Two connectors that don't mate
image.jpg (182.41 KiB) Viewed 990 times
image.jpg
Package contents
image.jpg (313.85 KiB) Viewed 990 times
Christopher rhode

Re: Hustler Zeon light kit

Postby Jake » Wed Sep 23, 2015 2:48 am

Looks cool and fits well in the space for it. Did the kit have specs on how many watts these lights run at? It'd be interesting to know how many amps the aux connector on the Zeon can supply.

As for your connector, it seems the harness manufacturer did put the right contacts on the cables but shoved the wrong connector housing over it. I took a quick snapshot of this connector on my mower, without protective cap it looks like:

and this is how the aux connector came off factory with a plugged mating connector to keep the contacts protected from the elements:

It looks like the aux connector is powered by a separate DC-DC converter tucked away between electronics and battery compartment.

Good luck with the light kit, the days are starting to get shorter, I could have used one this week on my mower.
Jake

Postby Christopher rhode » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:51 am

I knew you would ask about the watts and I was curious myself. It is probably printed on the bulb, but the light housings don't look easily accessed. I might open one up later and take a peek. I just bought a kill-a-watt meter so maybe I will try mowing with the lights on and comparing the difference.

Thanks for taking the pic of the CORRECT aux plug. I was pretty miffed about that.

I was pleased that the light kit didn't take power from just one battery.

One thing worth mentioning if you are tempted to drive your mower around the block after installing your new light kit: Nothing is creepier than a middle aged guy gliding around your neighborhood at night on a silent lawnmower. Have your excuse ready BEFORE the police stop you. :lol:
Christopher rhode

Postby Christopher rhode » Mon May 30, 2016 8:38 pm

Update on the Zeon light kit. I've purposely mowed with the lights on several times just to see how much difference the lights make. I've noticed about five minutes less run time per mow AND my kill-a-watt meter shows an increase of .03 per charge. I would never mow my yard at night anyway (grass is too damp), but I wanted some closure to this question.
Christopher rhode

Return to Factory Electric Tractors